Hub Task provides the ability to wait for a list of BQ Jobs or Magnus Workflows to complete before going on to the next Task during Workflow execution.
Add a Hub Task
- Under Add Task, select the desired position from the "Add to position" drop down list, then click +Hub.
- Specify the Hub Type. This is the type of item to wait for. Currently the supported types are BQ Jobs or Magnus Workflows.
- Specify the items to wait for.
This is a comma separated list of either BQ Jobs or Magnus Workflows. User can aggregate this list, or user can utilize API Task’s item collection feature to gather this list.
For BQ Jobs, the format is projectId:location.jobId, or projectId.jobId is location is omitted.
For Magnus Workflows, the format is workflowId.historyId.
- Specify the timeout for each item. This is the maximum duration in seconds to wait for each item to complete. If the BQ Job or Magnus Workflow does not complete within this duration, Hub Task will treat this item as failed.
- Specify to ignore item error or not.
If not checked - if the current item fails, the Hub Task will not continue to the next item in list. The Hub Task will fail immediately.
If checked - if the current item fails, the Hub Task will continue to check the next item in list. The Hub Task will complete successfully.
In either case, regardless checked or not checked, errors from items will be collected in the Return Item Error Parameter if the parameter is specified.
The value of this parameter will be saved at the end of workflow execution if the workflow completes successfully.
- Specify where the parameter to collect items errors if any.
- Hub Task supports up to 100 items. If more than 100 items are provided, the Hub Task will fail.
- The maximum allowed Item Timeout is 21600 seconds, which is 6 hours.