Scheduled and manually run workflows display in Workflows History.
Workflows History lists owned, delegated, shared, and public workflows.
The list indicates if the Workflow was run manually, via schedule, via remote, via trigger or executed by another workflow, the running start and end time, duration of the run, cost, maximum billing tier, who ran the workflow, who owns it, a link to Workflow details, status of the workflow, and any messages on failure or task notification.
Content of Workflows can be searched and front end Workflow information can be filtered.
The Workflow list can also be filtered by displaying only owned, owned and delegated, owned and delegated and shared, public Workflows, or all of the above.
An optional Hierarchy View is available to consolidate listing of Workflows executed by another Workflow.
- Home icon: take user to Magnus main landing page.
- Refresh icon: Refresh the page to the latest results.
- Scope selector:
- Owned workflows: show only the workflows that user is owner of.
- Owned + Delegated: show only the workflows that user is owner or delegate of.
- Owned + Delegated + Shared: Owned +delegated , plus the workflows that are shared with the user.
- Public workflows: show only History from public workflows from user's billing projects and viewable projects.
When this option is selected, History from the following public workflows are returned:
- Workflows with Owners from the same billing project as the user.
- Workflows with Owners from viewable projects of the user.
If the user has viewable projects, user's projects are listed in the options in the order of billing project and viewable projects.
- Get Started Examples: show only History from examples.
- All Above: Owned + Delegated + Shared + Public + Examples.
- Max results: User can adjust how many history items to retrieve. Whenever Max Results is adjusted or the Search button is clicked, a new set of results is retrieved from the metadata store, ordered by the current sorting order. Except for these four columns: BQ Cost, BQ Max Billing Tier, Status, and Message, sorting is supported from the metadata store. If the current sorting order is any of these four columns, when Max Results is adjusted or the Search button is clicked, a new set of results is retrieved, ordered by Start Time.
- Workflow search: get history from the backend for those workflows with matching Id.
- Filter: Filter history based on the input text in the client side.
- In Hierarchal Mode it will only apply to parent workflows.
- Hierarchy View: By default it is unchecked, once it is checked all workflows that were executed by a parent workflow will be gathered under the parent. For example
- If user clicks on the arrow on the left hand side, parent workflow and all workflow executed by it will listed sorted by start date.
- Also Hierarchy mode will roll up cost by adding all costs and highest billing tier by displaying the maximum.
User can sort ascending or descending by clicking the small arrow near the column title.
- Run mode:
- The workflow was run manually
- The workflow was run via scheduler
- The workflow was run via an Execute Workflow Task
- The workflow was run via an Execute Workflow Task and the workflow is a shared workflow
- The workflow was run remotely, not via queue (remote API v1)
- The workflow was run remotely via queue (remote API v2)
- The workflow was run via trigger
- Run duration
- Cost for running the workflow
- Highest billing tier of BigQuery tasks in workflow
- action button to view Workflow Run Details
- The workflow is still running
- The workflow completed successfully
- The workflow failed
- The workflow run was rejected because another instance is already running
The workflow was killed by admin, or the workflow failed because a BigQuery job was canceled.
- The workflow is waiting to be executed.
- Error message
Workflow Run Details
Tasks Run Details
|From Workflow Run Details, a BigQuery Task is displayed
|Click on the BQ Job ID link to view BQ job details.
GS Export Task
From Workflow Run Details, a GS Export Task is displayed
BQ Job ID: The BQ job ID that was submitted
|Click on the BQ Job ID link to view BQ job details.
From Workflow Run Details, an E-Mail Task is displayed
Email: This is the email subject
|Click on the email subject link to view details.
From Workflow Run Details, a Workflow Task is displayed
Workflow: The child workflowID
|Click on the child workflow ID link to view details.
From Workflow Run Details, a Script Task is displayed:
Script: The script language used
|Click on the script language link to view details.
From Workflow Run Details, an API Call Task is displayed
API Request: This is the request URL
|Click on the API Request link to view details.
|From Workflow Run Details, a Go-To Task is displayed|
| Click on the link condition to view details.
|From Workflow Run Details, a Misc Task is displayed
Message: This is the message from Raise Failure
From Workflow Run Details, a FTP-GS Task is displayed
FTP to GS info: This is the source FTP location
|Click on the source FTP location link to view details.
|From Workflow Run Details, a Loop Task is displayed
From the Workflow Run Details, a FTP Task is displayed
FTP: This is the BQ job ID submitted
|Click on the BQ job ID link to view details.
|From the Workflow Run Details, a MySQL Task is displayed|
| Click on the export link to view details.