Welcome to Potens!
Potens consists of Magnus and Goliath applications. User access, billing projects, project viewers, and configuration for these applications are managed by an organization’s administrator via Potens Admin Tool.
Organisation's Admin Tool can be accessed only by respective admins (at least one dedicated user from respective organisation).
Magnus and Goliath enhance your experience with Google BigQuery (GBQ) and Cloud Storage (GCS) and needs to be configured with some minimal info about your GCP environment.
Potens requires a default billing project to be set. This is the project that any GBQ cost (from queries, loads, etc) be applied to. It is possible to assign multiple projects as a billing project. In Potens, by default - user assigned to default billing project. Admin though, can assign given user(s) to specific users. BigQuery costs acquired by the user will be applied to the assigned billing project.
To add billing project to your organization, access Billing Projects section of the Potens Organization Admin Tool. In this section
- billing projects can be added, updated, and removed.
- email distribution lists can be assigned to billing projects
- users assigned to billing projects are listed
To grant a user access to Potens, access Users section. In Users section
- Users can be added and removed
- User billing project, access to FTP Tasks can be granted
- The existing list of users is displayed and can be viewed/filtered by user or billing project
To finalize setting up Potens, access Configuration section. In Configuration
- set temporary dataset, FTP bucket and directory, downloads bucket and directory
- assign Default Email Distribution List