Users section is where user access to Potens is managed. In Users, administrators are able to filter and sort existing users, filter by assigned billing projects, add and delete users, assign billing projects, FTP Task access, and grant Admin privileges.
The list of users can be filtered by typing in Filter Users.
- Type values (User ID or Billing Project) to filter
- Filtered List
To clear Filter Users value, click on Clear Filter (x)
3. Click on Clear Filter (x) to clear Filter Users value
4. Unfiltered List
User list can be sorted by User ID, Billing Project, FTP Access, or Admin
To sort by User ID, Billing Project, FTP Access, or Admin
- Click on the value to sort by
- In this example Billing Project is clicked
- Notice the alphanumeric sorting by selected sort value
Sort icons identify the direction of the sort
|Ascending||An image starting with a narrow to wide point indicates that the selected header is sorted by ascending values. These are values from A to Z.|
|Descending||An image starting with a wide to narrow point indicates that the selected header is sorted by descending values. These are values from Z to A|
|Not Sorted by value||An image showing both arrows indicates that values are not sorted by this header|
Add a User
Access to Potens applications (Magnus and Goliath) are granted to users by adding them via Users section. A user must have a Google Cloud Account account that has been granted permissions to a Google BigQuery project.
To add and grant a user access to Potens
- Click on Users section
- In New User ID input box, add the user’s Google Gmail account associated to a BigQuery project
- Assign Billing Project from the dropdown list (see Billing Projects section for adding billing projects)
- Check FTP Access to grant the user permissions to use FTP. Uncheck FTP Access to not allow use of FTP
- Check Admin to grant the user administrator rights. Uncheck Admin to remove administrator rights
- Click the disk icon to Save the changes and add the user
To modify user settings
- Identify user to modify
- Click on item to change
- Click save
To delete user
- Identify user to delete
- Click on delete icon to remove user
Google Cloud projects allocate resources, authorize users, and store billing information. A project that has billing enabled is regarded as a billing project. All users are required to be assigned to a billing project.
The default billing project is defined in Billing Projects section. A user added in Users section are defaulted to this billing project. The default project is identified by Default followed by the billing project in parenthesis. If multiple billing projects are available, an administrator can select and assign a different billing project to the user via the Billing Project drop down.
To assign/change Billing Project
- Identify user to assign Billing Project to
- Click on Billing Project dropdown list
- Select and click on Billing Project to assign
- Verify desired Billing Project is selected
- Click on disk icon to save changes
Magnus provides FTP Tasks that enable users to transfer files to and from an FTP server
- Click FTP Access to grant the user the ability to add FTP tasks to their workflow
- Uncheck FTP Access to remove the ability to use FTP Task
Potens Organization Admin Tool is managed by administrators. At least one user is required to be an administrator.
- Check Admin to set the user as administrator
- Uncheck Admin to remove the user as administrator
Adding a new user or changing an existing user’s Billing Project, FTP Access, or Admin setting requires saving the addition/change to complete.
- Click Save to save a new user or changes to an existing user
Deleting a user removes their access to Potens applications
- Click Delete to remove a user