How to change or extend lifetime of a Magnus Workflow?
Non-admin users can update workflows that they own or they are delegated to. While updating the workflow, they can modify the lifetime as well. But they are not allowed to set the lifetime to more than 90 days (unless different default is set for organization).
Admins can update any workflows, and can set lifetime of a workflow to more than 90 days. From Magnus:
- If the workflow is not owned by you, nor delegated to you, then you need to first enable Advanced Admin.
- Click on [Workflows] to open the Workflows Browser
- Type the workflow Id in the Content textbox.
- Select “All Workflows” in the dropdown.
- Wait for the results to display
- Click on the workflow Id
- If this is a short term workflow, meaning its lifetime is less than 90 days, then simply select the new Start Date and End Date in the Lifetime textbox.
If this is a long term workflow, meaning its lifetime is 90 or more days, then click on the magic wand icon to extend it to the next Long-Term duration.
For example, if the workflow is set to 90 days, it will be extended to another 90 days.
If the workflow is set for 1 year, it will be extended to another 1 year.
If you do not see the magic wand (only shown if the workflow is enabled and with schedule set), you can set the new lifetime manually.
Still you are limited to whatever duration is currently set.
IMPORTANT: If Lifetime will be (purposely or accidentally) set to duration lower than previously set – next time that duration will be a limit.
For example, workflow was set for 1 year. Then Lifetime was set as 6 months. Next time if you want to extend or change Lifetime duration for that workflow – 6 months will be the limit.
- Click Save